Feeling a bit overwhelmed from the events of the day? At SmartNews we try very hard to keep the number of times we interrupt users of our app to only the “whoa!” type news events but today those types of stories just kept breaking. Here’s a rundown of the day’s events:
- New Kavanaugh accuser details parties where girls were drugged and raped
- Trump accuses China of election ‘meddling’ against him
- Kavanaugh denies new sexual misconduct charges, says they’re from the ‘Twilight Zone’
- Fed raises interest rates, flags end of ‘accommodative’ policy
- Trump says ‘my preference would be to keep’ Rosenstein
- Christine Blasey Ford testimony: ‘I believed he was going to rape me’
- Senate probing yet another misconduct claim against Kavanaugh
Just when we thought we were done for the day – another tidbit would cross the wire. There were other stories too that would have normally qualified but we were getting numb. Tomorrow’s Kavanaugh hearing is bound to bring more fireworks.
In preparation, I’ve remixed a video posted by Taiyo Masuda, a kayaker in New Zealand, that basically summarizes how I felt today and share it here for all to use when you feel it just can’t get any stranger.
Yes, that’s a seal slapping someone in the face with an octopus. Enjoy!