We started off the week with Sarah Fuller, kicking off into history for Vanderbilt’s football team. “Mommy, are you crying?” said one ESPN reporter’s daughter to their mom.
Chris Kennedy of North Little Rock has put up a seven-foot Black Santa in front of his house for years. This year he got a racist note condemning his decoration and he read the note live on Facebook. Now his neighbors have all put up Black Santas.
In Japan, a fisherman caught a rare 9-legged octopus but didn’t notice the extra leg until he was already boiling it for supper.
It’s going swimmingly heading into the holiday season and climbing the expected second wave. This week the entire United States became one giant Covid Red Zone. New York Governor Cuomo is calling Covid the Grinch.
You know the series about the royal family, The Crown, is cutting close to the bone when the British government asks Netflix to place a warning on screen to remind “viewers the drama is fictionalised.”
An anti-LGBTQ Hungarian member of the EU parliament resigned after a “long period of reflection” following his arrest by Belgium police as he was trying to escape out of the window from an illegal lockdown orgy.
Residents of an Austrian village are fucking tired of their fucking town’s name and all the fucking tourists who rip off their Fucking signs. In January, all that comes to an end when they’ll live peacefully, in Fugging.
The House voted to decriminalize marijuana, tipping the scales in favor of the 36 states that have already legalized pot and clearing the way for federal decriminalization and eventually tax revenues.
San Francisco passed a law banning smoking inside apartments, unless you’re smoking pot.
- 11/27 – Another metal monolith suddenly appears on a hillside in Romania.
- 11/30 – A giant wooden phallus disappears off a Bavarian mountaintop, leaving behind only a pile of sawdust.
- 12/01 – The Romanian monolith disappears. Joining the Utah monolith and the wooden phallus perhaps?
- 12/02 – A social media influencer comes forward to say that he and a group of friends removed the Utah monolith to protect the land.
- 12/02 – Another metal monolith appears in Atascadero, a small town in California, overlooking the Pacific coast.
- 12/03 – A group of kids drive five hours and livestream the destruction of the Atascadero monolith replacing it with a crude wooden cross.
- 12/04 – now even Vegas has a Monolith.
I can’t help but think the aliens are desperately trying to communicate with us but we are all too busy posting memes on social media to notice. Oh, and the giant radio telescope we used to listen to the cosmos just fell apart as well.
Stay safe everyone!
TWTW is a weekly collection of bits and pieces I run across each week while looking after things at SmartNews. Feel free to sign-up to get this via email or forward to a friend.