Television markets in Japan are much more centralized than in the United States. Therefore it’s pretty efficient to allocate marketing dollars to old school TV ads (in Japan they are called “CM” as in “commercials”) to give brand lift to online marketing.
This month SmartNews dropped a set of short TV spots featuring Riho Yoshioka, and up-and-coming actress in Japan.
1 minute of news in the morning can change your life is a rough translation of the “catch phrase” of the campaign and each clip follows Riho’s character through her day.
- getting up in the morning and checking the “newspapers” before going to work
- making productive use of her morning commute
- reading our new curated International section to practice her English
- reading the news while putting on her makeup to make her evening conversations more interesting
- checking the news in the afternoon because it’s always morning somewhere in the world – right?
Hope you like it! I’m not sure how often it’s running but would love to hear if you see them on TV in Japan.
Screencaps on this site.